09 January 2008

Constructing visual representation of information is not mere translation of what can be read to what can be seen (it entails filtering the information, establishing relationships, discerning patterns and representing them in a manner that enables a consumer of that information construct meaningful knowledge).

What Can Mashups Offer? (Microsoft Powerpoint) - View as HTML

(Video) The Web That Wasn't (focus on the pioneering work of Paul Otlet, Vannevar Bush, and Doug Engelbart....

Mapping the (Muslim?) World Via

MARK MONMONIER (5) articles

(John Krygier's Blog) Making Maps: DIY Cartography (Resources and Ideas for Making Maps)

Lets get ready to rumble


Toronto School of Art

#17(A) of Best Blogs of 2007 That You (Maybe) Aren't Reading : http://www.fimoculous.com/archive/post-3535.cfm

"All art partakes of the Spirit of Place in which it is produced." - D.H. LAWRENCE Via
"Read me carefully, follow me closely, doubt me not. I am the earth in the palm of your hand. Without me, you are alone and lost." - A. Map Via
"I've been in the forecasting business for 50 years, and I'm no better than I ever was, and nobody else is either." - Alan Greenspan
"What we need is more sense of the wonder of life and less of the business of making a picture." - Robert Henri
"If you do not change direction, you may end up where you are heading." - Lao Tzu

No comments: