11 March 2004

Interesting Java applications http://lister.linux-srv.anlx.net/

Manifold IIS/IMS Problems My project only seems to work on some computers. It works at my work station, at the university and some friends, while others are unable to reach it. I have set the access to allow anonymous access, but the issue still remains.... Initially, some people were unable to connect to my computer, while others successfully browsed my IMS. Turning on/off the firewall or changing the IIS settings did not seem to help. However, I was today told that the student organisation that provides my Internet access, blocks traffic on port 80. I changed this and now it works just fine. I will check my contract to see if this is a suitable solution. Also, I am not really sure how this affects my Internet security, but at least, I now have the solution. (manifold-l@lists.directionsmag.com)

"When you own your own business, you only have to work half a day. You can do anything you want with the other twelve hours." - Anonymous
or go from working 8:00AM - 5:00 to working 5:00 AM - 8:00PM

http://www.alistapart.com/articles/cssdropshadows/

No comments: