18 December 2003

Online study about Internet Interaction and Visualisation - www.cyberviz.co.uk
What do you find is the biggest problem using the Internet? (Please check all that apply)
Not being able to find the information I am looking for
Not being able to efficiently organise the information I gather
Not being able to find a page I know is out there
Not being able to return to a page I once visited
Not being able to determine where I am
Not being able to visualise where I have been and where I can go
It takes too long to view/download pages
Sites that require me to register with them
Encountering links that do not work
Encountering sites that want me to pay to access information
Sites that are not compatible with all browsers
Sites with too many graphics or useless graphics
Other
http://www.bath.ac.uk/~pspalh/qgridpics2.htm graphics grid

"This place drives a lot of the deal-making. The idea is to create (a map) once and sell it on multiple platforms - print, digital, CD-ROM." Fran Marshall, president of National Geographic maps in Evergreen, Oregon part of National Geographic Ventures Group, a for-profit holding company, describes her office. htttp://www.rockymountainnews.com/drmn/business/article/0,1299,DRMN_4_2507661,00.html

"Failure is unimportant. It takes courage to make a fool of yourself." - Charlie Chaplin

Mapmaking Expedition is a Wikitravel Expedition to organize and standardize the maps used in Wikitravel. .. http://www.wikitravel.org/article/Wikitravel:Mapmaking_Expedition

No comments: